The WINter Carnival is Back
BIG SNOW Resort, Jan. 21-23, 2022
Welcome Winter Carnival Registrants!
The SkiHawks are happy to partner with the to help with the registration of the Winter Carnival.
REGISTRATION OPENS 0N OCTOBER 1, 2021
Your Winter Carnival Weekend Includes:
Renewing relationships with all of your affiliated club friends and making new friends.
trays and two Friday night drink tickets for Dudley's Saloon.
- Two nights lodging in the Main Lodge, Complex Units or Slope Side Condos.
Cross country skiing or snowshoeing at ABR Park on both Saturday
Dudley’s Saloon. (Live entertainment is not guaranteed.)
ever popular turtle races and prizes!
Breakfast on both Saturday & Sunday.
Indoor heated pool, large hot tub and exercise room in the Main Lodge.
The Last Day to Sign up is Dec. 30th, 2021.
But don’t wait, this trip is expected to sell out fast!
Winter Carnival Details
Your final trip cost will be dependent upon the options you choose for transportation, lodging, number of roommates, lift tickets, or if you are XC Skiing or Snowshoeing. Please refer to the chart and paragraphs below. Trip costs will be detailed during the registration process and totaled prior to completing your registration.
Room Configurations and Assignment:
1 BR Main Lodge units: 2 Queen Beds, Private Bath. SOLD OUT.
1 BR Main Lodge - 3rd floor: 1 double with 2 bunk beds. SOLD OUT.
1 BR Complex Units: 2 Queen Beds, Private Bath, Cable TV/DVD, across from the lodge.
1 BR Tomahawk Slope Side Condo Units: 1 King Bed, 1 Queen Wall Bed in Living room, 1 Bathroom, Full Kitchen (no ovens) with Microwave & Dishwasher, Cable TV/DVD, Gas Fireplace, Jacuzzi and WIFI.
2 BR Tomahawk Slope Side Condo Units: 1 King Bed, 2 Queen Beds in Loft, 1 Queen Wall Bed in Living room, 2 Bathrooms, Full Kitchen (no ovens) with Microwave & Dishwasher, Cable TV/DVD, Gas Fireplace, Jacuzzi and WIFII. Minimum occupancy of 4 people. No exceptions.
Two Main Lodge standard rooms will be reserved for each club until November 1st. Thereafter, all Main Lodge rooms are first come first served, based on the date and time of your paid registration.
All other lodging will be assigned on a first come first served, based on the date and time of your paid registration.
Please be sure that your chosen roommates register promptly
If you want to attend, but do not have a roommate, we will try to find a spot. Signup for your preferred lodging option and let us know on your registration that you are looking for a roommate. Your final cost will be dependent on available lodging.
Buses will depart from the Honeywell Aerospace facility in Mpls. The address is Honeywell Parking, 1433 Stinson Blvd., Mpls, MN 55413. Directions are here.
*The 11:00 am bus is SOLD OUT
Ski Equipment Rental:
X/C Skiing and Snowshoeing at ABR Park:
- ABR Park has 69KM of groomed trails. For more information on ABR Park and its facilities, visit the park virtually at ABR Park. Park passes: $14 for 1 day and $20 for 2 days. Seniors 65+ are discounted.
- X/C Rental: Package of Touring skis, poles, boots- $15/day. Skate skis, poles, boots - $20/day.
- Snowshoe Rental: $10/day.
Note: X/C skiers need to reserve their own transportation to and from ABR Park and Indianhead. Carpool with up to 5 others (6 total), each additional person reduces your cost. Make a reservation ahead of time (the day before) with the Ironwood Twin City Cab (906) 932-0711.
Note: You may deduct $87 if you X/C both days. If you decide to downhill ski 1 day, you will need to buy a downhill lift ticket from Big Snow Resort at normal window rates.
Snowshoeing at Big Snow Resort:
- Please register before 2pm on Saturday at 906-229-2239
Winter Carnival Guidelines & Cancelation Policy:
You must also read and accept the MSC Winter Carnival Liability Waiver Located Here to participate.
- All Cancelations of paid registrations will be assessed a $12.00 service fee. In addition:
- Cancelations made between November 21st and December 21st will be assessed a $50.00 cancelation fee, plus the difference in the unit’s rent configuration due to the change in occupancy. If the vacated space is rebooked, the rent difference will be waived.
- Cancelations made after December 21st will be assessed a $100.00 cancelation fee, plus the difference in the unit’s rent configuration due to the change in occupancy. If the vacated space is rebooked, the rent difference will be waived.
- A “no show” will forfeit 100% of all costs incurred, plus the difference in the unit’s rent configuration due to the change in occupancy. If the vacated space is rebooked, the rent difference will be waived.
- Refunds will be processed after the end of Winter Carnival.
While they may provide assistance, neither the MSC, the MN SkiHawks nor your club's Trip Leader is responsible for filling a canceled reservation. The canceling registrant is responsible for filling the reservation to minimize trip cancelation fees.
- No refunds for unused lift tickets will be made due to your decision not to ski for any reason, including inclement weather.
Neither the MSC, the MN SkiHawks nor your club is responsible for any lost or stolen items including but not limited to; personal items, luggage, ski or snowboard equipment (boots, skis, poles bags or any other equipment). Contact your club's trip leader immediately regarding lost or stolen items.
- The MSC will comply with State or Federal Covid guidelines as issued by their respective agencies as they pertain to COVID-19 and any variants.
- Each participant on 2022 Winter Carnival will be expected to comply with those same State or Federal guidelines in effect at that time.
- Further, the MSC expects each participant to govern themselves in their own best interests regarding, wearing of masks, distancing, etc. Needless to say, this event poses multiple occasions for close contact with many people.
- The MSC will not mandate any specific action regarding vaccinations, masks or distancing. However, each person must take responsibility for themselves and act accordingly.
Ready to Go?
To get started, click the button below. Once registered, make your payment electronically online via credit or debit card. The days of manual forms, hunting for stamps, envelopes and post office delays are now things of the past.
I want to go to the MSC Winter Carnival